Sirius has proven to be one of the best car radios any car owner can have. It is a satellite radio that operates solely in the United States and Canada with a factory-installed satellite radio receiver.
Oftentimes, the radio can start to misbehave by either getting stuck in one station or failing to get a signal to function. In this case, the best thing to do is to rest the radio and have it working well again. So, how do you reset Sirius radio in the car?
How to Reset Sirius Radio in Car
To reset Sirius Radio in Car, follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Turn your car on to the ignition
- Step 2: Disconnect the SiriusXM radio from its mount
- Step 3: Locate the SiriusXM reset button. You can find it at the back of the radio
- Step 4: Press and hold the SiriusXM reset button for about 10 seconds
- Step 5: While the reset button is pressed for 10 seconds, the radio will turn on
- Step 6: Allow the radio to complete the reset and properly turn on
- Step 7: After the radio has finished its reset and turned back on, you will need to enter your SiriusXM radio’s activation code to reactivate your radio
This is the step-by-step guide on how to reset Sirius Radio in Car. However, this method works better if the radio suddenly freezes or is stuck and doesn’t operate. If the radio is not stuck and the screen and button work well, you can follow the procedure below to reset the radio.
1. Locate the Menu
If you wish to reset your Sirius Radio in your Car, you need to locate the radio’s menu which is usually located at the front of the radio or by the side. Just find the Menu
2. Press the Menu
After you have located the menu that looks like a hamburger icon or a word labeled with the menu, press it.
3. Look for the Reset Button
After you have pressed the menu, locate the reset option and pressed on it. This should start the reset process.
4. Allow the Reset to Complete
After you have clicked on the reset button, allow the reset to complete. However, while the reset process is going on, follow all the prompt messages that may appear on the screen to allow the reset to complete.
Nonetheless, it is important to note that while performing a factory reset on your Sirius Radio will reset and correct whatever problems the radio may have, it is worth noting that it will remove all the information and settings you may have done on the radio. Settings such as:
- Your saved presets
- Your favorite channels
- Your favorite music or artists saved on the music section of the radio, and
- Saved sports channels or teams in the sports parts of the radio.
When to Reset my Sirius Radio
You should reset your Sirius Radio when you start getting:
- Any error message
- When the channels are not clear
- When the receiver is not working well
- When the radio is stuck and the screen is not responding
- When it can’t turn off and on
After you are through with the reset, it should be to take the radio to the default settings.
However, before doing the reset, it’s wise to note your favorite channels, music, and sports channels. You should also take note of your favorite artists so that when you’re done with the reset, you can easily put back the settings.
How to Refresh Sirius Radio in Car
The best way to refresh Sirius Radio in your car is by turning off the radio and turning it back on again. This should be able to perfect the refresh.
However, if this didn’t work, you can unplug the radio from its power source for a while and plug it back on again, then turn it back on. This should do the work.
Always check for software updates. If there’s a need for a refresh and you did all the methods explained above and it didn’t work. Check if there’s a recent software update and make the update. This should be able to perfect the refresh for you.
Why is My Sirius Radio Not Working in My Car?
Reasons why your Sirius radio is not working in your car is because:
- Antenna not Detected: If the Sirius Radio is not working in your car, it could be that the antenna is not detected. If that is the case, then you have to remove and reinstall the antenna. If the problem persists, then you may need to do a factory reset to the radio.
- Radio not Properly Configured: If Sirius Radio is not properly configured, it will prevent it from working properly. So, check your configuration to be sure everything is properly done.
- Cables Fastened Together: Another reason why the Sirius Radio is not working in your car could be because of the cables. If the cables are not tightly fastened together, it might affect the working of the radio. Therefore, ensure that all of the cables connecting your SiriusXM radio to your stereo system are securely fastened together.
- The Host Radio: if the host mode is not directed to the auxiliary mode, the radio will fail to work. Therefore, you should always put the host radio in auxiliary impute mode.
- Physical Obstruction: Physical obstructions such as buildings, trees, or hills in your line of sight, may also cause poor reception. This might cause the radio not to work properly.
- Check your Subscription Status: If the Sirius subscription has ended or expired, you won’t be able to access the radio anymore, and hence why it is no longer working.
Resetting the Sirius Radio in the car is a very simple thing to do. All you have to do is to locate the menu on the radio, click on it, locate the reset button, click on it, and follow the prompts information on the screen to reset the radio.